Tattoo

Attention, everyone!
Rumors of my demise have been greatly exaggerated, and I'm actually totally fine.  I was pretty busy over break, and unable to make any new post.  I'm starting a new semester at school, and I have many new projects coming, so worry not.
Meanwhile, I'll post some sketches for some current projects!
 So this was the original sketch  (ok, I actually had a really crappy doodle that this was based on, but I don't happen to have that scanned, so you're not allowed to see that. Also, it was pretty crappy and bad.) That's the earth floating there in the middle.  (The squid/cuddlefish thing was going to substitute for the fish, but I decided to not go with either.)
So instead of the fish or the cuddlefish, I went with this little cosmic newt.  The original reason I was subbing out the fish was because he was too cute, but you know what?  I like cute! So the newt is staying.  My next phase is printing out, tracing (on my new light table I got for Christmas!) inking it, and scanning it back into the computer.  So the next time you see it, it will be inked up and ready for some color! It needs to be finished by Wednesday, so I'll have it up around then.  Keep an eye out, I'll be back soon!
Oh, also: I have an exciting new project I'm working on for my thesis! I'm not going to show any of it until all of it is done, but I'll show some teasers for it.  So keep an eye out for those too!